Cosmos is a hotel mapping and descriptive content delivery system. A technology solution aimed to resolve the inconsistent distribution of hotel content across major hotel content providers.
Key Challenges of Travel Professionals
Travel is a multi-channel industry growing at a rapid pace not only for the distribution of descriptive hotel content but also for sourcing of hotel rates and inventory as well.
- Lack of standardization in descriptive hotel content – Name, Address, Geocode, Star Ratings, Amenities, and Images, results in the display of duplicate and erroneous content on travel websites, which ultimately leads to irate customers. Travel businesses spend thousands of dollars to fix, manage and update stale hotel content, every month.
- Lack of automated technologies to manage large volumes of hotel content aggregated from multiple sources through their XML API’s, FTP data feeds, excel files and data exports poses a significant challenge for travel businesses. It is almost impossible for agents to check the content manually and ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Automated content standardization is done real-time using this hotel content syndication system. The system automatically identifies the most up-to-date static descriptive and media content to display on travel booking websites in a standardized format that is both accurate and visually appealing.
- Change management and delivery automation are achieved easily as Cosmos promptly informs users of any changes or updates made to the supplier’s content. Cosmos checks the content periodically to ensure high-quality publishable content is delivered to you in real-time and is completely automated.
Features of Cosmos
- Unified master hotel database to detect and merge duplicate content.
- Routine checks quality ensure accurate and up-to-date hotel content for end customers on travel websites, by automatically segregating good content from the bad.
- Single API for hotel content downloaded from multiple suppliers enables travel businesses to increase coverage, to be able to offer more hotels to end customers.
- Stay up-to-date at all times with Cosmos content sync-bots which continuously search its servers for any hotel content updates and tracks the smallest of changes.
- Customize hotel descriptions and keep end customers informed as Cosmos enables users to add and edit the availability of amenities offered by hotels.
- Amplify your user experience with high-definition images of hotels and add to the aesthetic appeal of travel booking websites quickly, for a rich user experience.
- Reports and notifications along with system alerts summarizing hotel content updates, customizations, de-duplication and errors corrected in the master database.
- Run marketing campaigns on specific hotel properties, offering greater margins. Add promotional content to hotel descriptions and attract travelers to book hotels.